MindGeek, a company specializing in the development and marketing of highly trafficked web properties, and a leader in its activity sector is searching for a UX Lead to join our growing TrafficJunky team.
The UX Lead is responsible for the conception and production of the user experience of the product. To achieve this goal, you will be responsible for delivering intuitive and user-centered design solutions to complex problems for our TrafficJunky platform. He/she will lead a multidisciplinary UX team of product designers and guide them through projects to ensure the quality of their work is of the highest standard. His/her knowledge of usability and ergonomic will help create a world-class user experience and provides strategic leadership across the platform.
Our projects inform both shorter-term product design decisions as well as longer term strategy. You will work in close collaboration with the Product & Operations Manager and the Lead Software Developer to deliver the best possible experience that meet client requirements and usability rules for our internal & external users.
On a day-to-day basis, you will collaborate closely with a team of Sales and Developers, to approach problems from a diversity of perspectives in order to generate new and exciting opportunities. The scope of our research and investigation covers the entire existing customer journey as well as possible future scenarios.
What you’ll do
• Lead the Design team’s process and decision making including planning, prioritizing, and scheduling;
• Advise and mentor team members, collaborating to share knowledge, set realistic goals and seek out challenges and experiential opportunities;
• Drive and participate in concept sessions leveraging ethnographic research and design thinking;
• Develop research artefacts such as personas, customer journey maps, and findings/opportunity reports;
• Work with the other discipline leads in your area to balance technical, business, and user requirements;
• Develop baseline knowledge in all our UX disciplines (content strategy, research, design, and front-end development) and deep expertise in your product’s problem area (online advertising service);
• Understand business goals and seek to understand product market, competitors, opportunities and challenges;
• Champion and effectively communicate design ideas using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes & paper prototypes, mockups and create iterative user-centered prototyping in a cross-functional team environment;
• Follow-up on final implementation of all features to ensure proper execution of the user experience and design in compliance with the specifications;
• Ensure experiential consistency and quality across all platforms and features;
• Anticipate staffing needs on your team and recruit for them;
• Identify people and technical challenges on your team as they arise and solve them;
• Quarter initiatives planning with Product & Operations Manager and team activities;
• Filling and leading annual team evaluations.
• 5+ years of relevant experience (Senior UX Designer, Analyst, Architect or Ergonomist);
• 2+ years of people management experience;
• Ability to use a business and user-centric approach to design;
• Experience directly leading a team, including identifying the right expertise needed, assigning resources, recruiting new members and helping them grow;
• Passion for solving UX problems while wearing multiple hats and owning all facets of the process;
• Deep expertise in one or more of UX disciplines (product design, content strategy, user research, or front-end development) and you actively collaborate with team members and stakeholders outside your area;
• Strong understanding of Human-Computer interaction;
• Understanding and experience with User Centered Design Methodologies (UCD);
• Strong English/French communication and presentation skills.
• Candidates must provide a solid portfolio demonstrating impactful customer experiences, including experience developing digital products from initial concept through to implementation.
MindGeek offers its employees a competitive compensation plan and various perks including…
Annual bonus plans and benefits package
- Discounts for nearby businesses and a 500$ yearly gym/fitness allowance
- Access to onsite Ping-Pong, foosball and pool tables.
- Access to onsite cafeteria including a daily free complete breakfast (bacon and eggs on Friday)
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy, apply. But only if you’re up for the challenge of a lifetime!
Please submit your resume online at: http://mindgeek.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please. No agency calls or emails.