MindGeek, a company specializing in the development and marketing of highly trafficked web properties, and a leader in its activity sector is searching for a Senior PHP Software Developer.
If you are passionate about programming, eager to learn new things, and love to push the boundaries of what is possible, then MindGeek is the place for you. You will be working as part of a team within a dynamic, fast-paced, fun, challenging and creative environment in order to achieve team-oriented goals.
As the senior member of a growing team your key daily tasks would include:
- Working on complex programming projects using advanced web services and technologies
- Facilitate the introduction of new technologies in the team
- Monitor and improve the resource usage and overall performance of the sites
- Analyze product requirements and translating to design specifications
- Play a key role in defining the architecture and design of multiple web properties
- Help train and coach new team members
- Contribute to the overall tech decisions and help the team to achieve their goals
Skills and Technologies:
- 7+ years of web programming including 3+ years with high traffic properties
- Expert knowledge of PHP, OOP, data structures and design patterns
- Good knowledge of frontend technologies and concepts
- Excellent understanding of SOLID principles and clean coding standards
- Familiar with PHP frameworks and able to develop customized implementations
- Experience with various web related technologies such as Redis, Elasticsearch, caching, message queues, Docker, Composer, etc.
- Experience with large scale web properties, server cluster management and scalable infrastructures
- Comfortable with the administration of a LAMP/LEMP-style development environment
- Experience in an Agile environment using Scrum methodologies an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills (English and French)
MindGeek offers its employees a competitive compensation plan and various perks including…
- Annual bonus plans and benefits package
- Discounts for nearby business and a 500$ yearly gym/fitness allowance
- Access to onsite Ping-Pong, foosball and pool tables.
- Access to onsite cafeteria including a daily free complete breakfast (bacon and eggs on Friday)
- … and much more!
Don’t be shy, apply. But only if you’re up for the challenge of a lifetime!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please. No agency calls or emails.