Looking for a new and exciting challenge?
Never heard of MindGeek? MindGeek is a company specializing in the development and marketing of highly trafficked web properties; a leader in its activity. But that’s only what we do, not who we are. So who are we? The best way to describe us would be nothing less than awesome! An overstatement? We don’t think so. And neither will you if you come work with us!
The MindGeek Business Partner acts as a strategic business partner to assigned leaders and employees, by embedding the greater MindGeek HR strategy into day-to-day work. The business partner will also provide professional HR guidance and support to assigned internal client groups with the objective of adding value to the business. They will also participate and/or be accountable for internal HR projects, aligned with HR and business objectives.
A Business Partner at MindGeek
As a MG Business Partner, you will report to the MG Business Partner Manager for Canada, participating in the strategic management of the business.
Most of your time will be focused on understanding the business imperatives and partnering with assigned leaders on some of MG’s most exciting products and services. You will also partner with other teams within MG to strategically identify and implement people strategies designed to achieve our business and HR goals and complement HR gaps that may exist.
Because you are smart and deliver innovative and impactful solutions to the business, you will build trust and confidence with your internal clients (employees and leaders) and will be the trusted advisor and coach to all assigned levels of management and employees within MG Canada. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be comfortable with change and sometimes, ambiguity. You’re enthusiastic, flexible in your approach, and open to learning.
And you are not in it alone! You will be part of a super talented world-wide HR team that will support and empower you. You will find collaboration and guidance from the HR Operations team along with the HR Business Partner teams in Cypress, Romania and LA.
You will make your mark on MG by successfully leading your client groups through thoughtful change, talent development, resource planning, and so much more!
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Independent ownership of 1-4 client groups in Montreal, including building strong partnerships with leaders across multiple areas of the business.
· Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR operational plan, including talent assessment, recruiting strategies, resource planning, engagement, compensation planning, performance management, and development strategies.
· Coaching assigned business unit leaders through providing them with development opportunities that align with current and future performance standards and business needs.
· Act as a liaison between the BU and HR to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs, both locally and in matrixed organizations.
· Support and co-manage hiring efforts; work with business leaders to define talent needs; coordinates hiring and selection efforts with the Talent Acquisition team.
· Utilizing knowledge of local employment legislation (and may include increasing understanding of (global) employment law), partners with managers and HR teams to address workplace issues.
· Drive and create cultures of ongoing, open, and constructive feedback within your teams, as well as with partners in the HR function.
· Ownership of varied HR projects and initiatives throughout the year, focused on either a local and/or global scope.
· Building strong relationships with overseas HR functions, to provide ongoing feedback on harmonizing central HR processes and/or programs.
· 4+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner, and at least 6 years overall in the field of HR preferably in a fast-paced environment. High tech industry preferred.
· Studies in Business or Human Resources; Masters degree in either area preferred.
· Clear successes in core HR functions including Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits, Performance Management, Resourcing, Learning and Development, Change Management, and HRIS.
· Demonstrated consulting and coaching skills – able to effectively build relationships by establishing trust, credibility, then adding immediate value to client groups.
· Demonstrated ability to lead change-management initiatives.
· Strong operational thinker with results focus – able to quickly sort through information, form an opinion, and develop solutions to complex problems.
· Strong understanding of local employment law, coupled with the ability to gain a high-level understanding of territorial employment customs, as well as practices working with MG’s worldwide HR team.
· Demonstrated strength in improving organizational performance by analysing and applying critical data to drive business decisions and planning.
· Demonstrated agility – comfortable with ambiguity and quick-pace change, able to methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and execute on commitments.
· Must have a sense of humour, a passion for customer service, and a drive for continuous improvement.
· Willingness and ability to learn and understand the business you support and frame HR issues and concerns in an overall business context.
· Demonstrated leadership ability, driving peers, clients, and leaders to greatness.
· Demonstrated courage and conviction to provide constructive feedback at all levels of the business.
· Highly values accountability and influenced decision-making in a matrix environment.
MindGeek offers its employees a competitive compensation plan and various perks including…
· Annual bonus plans and benefits package
· Discounts for nearby businesses and a 500$ yearly gym/fitness allowance
· Access to onsite Ping-Pong, foosball and pool tables.
· … and much more!
Don’t be shy, apply. But only if you’re up for the challenge of a lifetime!
Please submit your resume online at: http://mindgeekjobs.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please. No agency calls or emails.