Looking for a new and exciting challenge?
Never heard of MindGeek? MindGeek is a company specializing in the development and marketing of highly trafficked web properties; a leader in its activity. But that’s only what we do, not who we are. So who are we? The best way to describe us would be nothing less than awesome! An overstatement? We don’t think so. And neither will you if you come work with us!
We are currently looking for a well-rounded individual to fill a dynamic role that touches on all areas of Marketing and PR. This is a unique opportunity that could be a fit for a wide range of individuals, from someone who has marketed their own smaller site to in-house marketers accustomed to representing large brands. The ideal candidate will be a professional that holds themselves to the highest standards but also willing to experiment with some “guerilla marketing” techniques from time to time. Communicate, maintain and develop relationships with PR firms, media outlets and influencers. Reporting to the Director of Product Management, this position affords the right candidate with an incredible opportunity to grow and influence websites with globally-recognized brands and millions of daily visitors.
- 3-5 years experience in online marketing or as a web entrepreneur
- A good understanding of gay pop culture/gay mainstream entertainment
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field
- Strong writing skills and ability to write press releases
- An interest and knowledge of the film industry
- Demonstrated history of coming up with big ideas and finding relevant ways to pitch media
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press pitches and negotiating with media
- An entrepreneurial spirit; a creative mind
- Passion for online marketing and all things web
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics
- A strong social media presence on Twitter and other social networks (Must be proficient with YouTube/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat)
- Should be proficient with WordPress
MindGeek offers its employees a competitive compensation plan and various perks including…
- Annual bonus plans and benefits package
- Discounts for nearby businesses and a 500$ yearly gym/fitness allowance
- Access to onsite Ping-Pong, foosball and pool tables.
- Access to onsite cafeteria including a daily free complete breakfast (bacon and eggs on Friday)
- …and much more!
Don’t be shy, apply. But only if you’re up for the challenge of a lifetime!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please. No agency calls or emails.