MindGeek is looking for a game designer to work with different studios to drive and follow-up on the development of several games. The ideal candidate will have prior experience of the entire development process, keen knowledge of modern development practices, and the ability to foster team excitement and synergy.
If you are a passionate and driven individual, eager to learn new things, and love to push the boundaries of what is possible, then MindGeek is the place for you. You will be working as part of a team within a fast-paced, fun, challenging and creative environment in order to achieve team-oriented goals.
- Guide the development of games to create the best products possible, each unique in genre and game play mechanics
- Oversee the game production through its whole life cycle from initial concept and complete design brief, to final launch-ready builds
- Facilitate communication of the overall project status, progress, issues, and risks to the management and to the external development partners
- Confident and capable of operating with all levels of personnel whilst having an expert understanding of how video games are made
- Chase down and alleviate dependencies that block development.
- Ability to use constructive feedback through review process and ability to update design based on these internal and external reviews
- Provide and accept critique in a fair, balanced and constructive manner
- Remain current on industry trends, new genres and interesting game design methods and techniques
- 2+ years working in game development industry
- Worked on at least 2 freemium games
- Broad knowledge of the casual games industry
- Good knowledge of browser games, their monetization, limitations and capabilities
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Be disciplined, self-managed and motivated
- Able to multitask and be flexible about changing role requirements
MindGeek offers its employees a competitive compensation plan and various perks including…
- Annual bonus plans and benefits package
- Discounts for nearby business and a 500$ yearly gym/fitness allowance
- Access to onsite Ping-Pong, foosball and pool tables.
- Access to onsite cafeteria including a daily free complete breakfast (bacon and eggs on Friday)
… and much more!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please. No agency calls or emails.